Join us for the final chapter of our advanced course on Langa wines: three days of lessons complete with educational tastings and final exam to nominate the next Langhe Wine Ambassadors.
The project, promoted and organized by Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco Alba Langhe e Dogliani and Strada del Barolo e Grandi Vini di Langa, addresses professionals in the wine sector who want to increase their knowledge on the wines and Langhe area in an innovative and interactive way. The ultimate goal is to create a global network of Langhe Wines Ambassadors.
The course consists of three-day modules, from Friday to Sunday, with a unique program focused on enology, viticulture, marketing in addition to the study of MGA and educational tastings. The lessons, in English only, are aimed at an international audience and will be led by lecturers selected among the most leading personalities of the Italian wine scene.
- Alessandro Masnaghetti “The MGA: historical bases, birth, communication and uniqueness”, “Climate and harvest: natural, human and commonplace factors” and “II Landscape as a mirror of climate, geology and wines”
- Vincenzo Gerbi – “The vinification of Nebbiolo, a matter of tannins” and “The perception of tannins in the mouth” – with the participation of Dr. Maria Alessandra Paissoni.
- Anna Schneider: “Focus on Grapevine genetic diversity: Nebbiolo & C.” and “A close look at Grapevine diversity (on field activity).
- Slawka G. Scarso “Marketing and communication of fine wines”.
- Educational tastings by sommelier Sandro Minella, Anna Schneider and Alessandro Masnaghetti.
- Final exam
At the end of the course all students will receive an attendance certificate. Lessons and tasting will be held in English only (no simultaneous translation will be provided).
FINAL EXAM AND LANGHE WINE AMBASSADOR SELECTION
- First step: the final exam (in English) includes a multiple choice test around first and second level topics. Exam results will be communicated the same day. Students who will pass the exam with a minimum score of 60/100 will receive the attendance certificate complete with the examination score and the opportunity to join second evaluation step.
- Second step: students who will successfully pass the test will be asked to write a short essay in English on a common subject. Essays received by e-mail , together with Curriculum Vitae in English, will be judged by the commission in order to nominate one more Langhe Wine Ambassadors who will have the chance to be involved in the official activities of Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco Alba Langhe e Dogliani and Strada del Barolo e Grandi Vini di Langa held in their own countries of origin and will be guests at the next edition of Grandi Langhe .
*The selection will take place at the unquestionable judgement of the commission that will evaluate the candidates’ profiles on the basis of both the essay and the CV received.
The title of Ambassador may be given to one or more students.
Alessandro Masnaghetti, born in 1962, began his career in the world of wine collaborating from 1990 to 1996 with Luigi…
Agronomist and specialist in viticulture and oenology, Anna Schneider was a researcher for the National Research Council for 30 years…
Professor of Food Science and Technology at the Department of Agricultural Science at the Università degli Studi di Torino. He…
Sandro Minella is a FISAR sommelier, taster at ONAV and Narratore del Gusto®. He worked in New York for two…