JANUARY 27TH -28TH -29TH 2023, ALBA (cn)
The three-day course is divided into modules focused on history, geology and climate, grapes and winemaking techniques.
The initiative, promoted and organized by Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco Alba Langhe e Dogliani together with Strada del Barolo e grandi vini di Langa, is aimed at trainers, brand managers, journalists and buyers with the aim of creating a global network of Langhe Wines Ambassadors.
The Academy offers a mix of traditional lectures, guided tastings and lunches and on-site field trips led by highly qualified teachers, carefully selected among the region’s top experts.
The course in attendance is divided into three modules – climate and geology, native grapes of Piemonte and winemaking – taking place over three days, from Friday to Sunday. In addition to traditional lectures led by highly qualified teachers from the region, the programme also includes on-site field trips and tastings.
The program coordinator is the sommelier and tourist guide Sandro Minella. Natural scientist and geologist Edmondo Bonelli will take students on a journey through the geological eras of the Piemonte’s Tertiary Basin. Agronomist and professor Edoardo Monticelli will be in charge of the modules about native grapes – from Nebbiolo to the other vines of the Langhe. Professor Vincenzo Gerbi from the Università di Torino will lecture about the evolution of winemaking techniques. A final talk led by professor Stefano Massaglia will look at the Langhe wines’ market challenges and perspectives. Wine tastings will be held during each module.
€700 + TVA*
*Check the application form for details.
Complete the application form below and send it to email@example.com to sign up for the course. Applications close on October 15th 2022.
The course will be confirmed within October 30th 2022.
- Tradition and know-how: history, economic and social conditions; The basics of Langhe viticulture – Sandro Minella (in English)
- Climate and geology: In-depth analysis on the geology of Piemonte’s Tertiary Basin; Me.G.A: history and description – Edmondo Bonelli (in Italian with simoultaneous tranlations)
- Viticulture: lecture on the grapes of the Langhe; History, characteristics and agronomic issues; focus on Nebbbiolo – Edoardo Monticelli (in Italian with simoultaneous tranlations)
- Enology: the evolution of winemaking techniques; Features of grape varieties, with focus on Nebbiolo – Vincenzo Gerbi (in Italian with simoultaneous tranlations)
- Future challenges and opportunity for Langhe wines – Stefano Massaglia (in English)
- Tour of Barolo e Barbaresco crus – Sandro Minella; Edmondo Bonelli (in English)
- Dedicated tastings for each module (in English)
A Langhe Wine Ambassador I level participation certificate will be given to participants at the end of the course.
Lessons in Italian will have simultaneous English interpreting.
Attendance is for wine professionals only and is subject to approval.