Grinzane Cavour (CN)
NOT AVAILABLE – DISCOVER OUR ONLINE COURSE
The three-day course is divided into modules focused on history, geology and climate, grapes and winemaking techniques.
The Academy offers a mix of traditional lectures, guided tastings and lunches and on-site field trips led by highly qualified teachers, carefully selected among the region’s top experts.
- Tradition and know-how: history, economic and social conditions; The basics of Langhe viticulture – Sandro Minella
- Climate and geology: In-depth analysis on the geology of Piemonte’s Tertiary Basin; Me.G.A: history and description – Edmondo Bonelli
- Viticulture: lecture on the grapes of the Langhe; History, characteristics and agronomic issues; focus on Nebbbiolo – Edoardo Monticelli
- Enology: the evolution of winemaking techniques; Features of grape varieties, with focus on Nebbiolo – Vincenzo Gerbi
- Future challenges and opportunity for the wines of the Langhe: climate change, the new hybrids; economics and developments opportunity – Maurizio Gily
- Tour of Barolo e Barbaresco crus – Sandro Minella; Edmondo Bonelli
- Dedicated tastings for each module
A Langhe Wine Ambassador diploma will be given to participants at the end of the course
All lessons will have simultaneous English interpreting. Attendance is for wine professionals only and is subject to approval.
Edmondo Bonelli is a natural scientist and environmental consultant for agriculture. He researched in geopaleontology for the civic museum Federico…
Professor of Food Science and Technology at the Department of Agricultural Science at the Università degli Studi di Torino. He…
Maurizio Gily is a lecturer at the Università di Scienze Gastronomiche di Pollenzo and a consultant for various wineries and…
Sandro Minella is a FISAR sommelier, taster at ONAV and Narratore del Gusto®. He worked in New York for two…
Edoardo Monticelli has been a teacher of Agricultural Science and Viticulture at the Istituto per la Viticoltura e l’Enologia Umberto…
"I would like to say that it was a fantastic experience. Really. First, you cannot come to such kind of event without any knowledge or self-training. So you started to learn a lot before coming to the final 3-day session. Second, it was a great environment in the historic center of Grinzane Cavour. And you feel all the time the people and their personalities. Camillo Cavour, Garibaldi, Victor Emmanuel II, Giulia Colbert Falletti... And also a balanced and interesting learning program, very interesting and magnificent teachers and an incredibly friendly atmosphere of collective of students... sorry, Ambassadors! And last but not least the subject of our love - the great wine of Langhe! Thanks to B&B Academy, to Barolo street, to all who organized and worked on the program and to all sponsors. I am really happy I had this experience. And I am proud to have a right for this title - Langhe wine ambassador."Meir Tchernetsky, Vinotours Israel, Langhe Wine ambassador
"Certainly the most comprehensive course there is on Langhe wines, covering history, culture, climate, and detailed geology of the region, going on to viticulture and enology of the various varieties, as well as topics such the impact of climate change, all delivered by the experts on each subject. Especially illuminating to me was the tasting experience when wines grown in different soils are compared.”Irving So, Italian wine expert from Hong Kong